Monday, June 15, 2009

First they outlaw guns, then knives?!!?

Apparantly in the UK, goverment regulations have become more stringent on gun ownership (which I am all for)... but the unintended concequence is predictible, yet simultaniously strange.





Crimes of passion do not subside simply because it's more difficult to obtain a gun. In fact, the proper Brits are finding more "clever" ways of doing in their friends and loved ones - the trusty knife.

Anyone who's studied history knows the knife has been a weapon of choice for centuries. But no longer! Who knew one could improve upon a timeless design?

Gizmodo features an excerpt and quotation from the designer John Cornock:

Mr Cornock, 42, from Swindon, said that
the knife will cut vegetables, but
will make it almost impossible to stab
someone to death and will reduce the risk
of accidental injuries.
He
said: "It can never be a totally safe knife, but
the idea is you can't
inflict a fatal wound. Nobody could just grab one out of
the kitchen drawer
and kill someone.

Simply, the New Point knife is for cooking "nothing more- nothing less". ...and I want one! Not because I fear death from the hands of my loved ones.. but am quite certain I will inadvertently do harm unto myself. Anyone who knows me understands I am a consummate klutz. I have lopped off many a fingertip (even with a veggie peeler.. it was a bad scene) due to my inability to concentrate or lack of depth perception. In fact, I can no longer feel the tips of most of my fingers!

Hence, I am very excited to welcome this knife into our collection :) I'll let you know how it goes. In the meantime, I'll keep using my Wustof's and keep bandaids in the kitchen.

2 comments:

  1. Those...those are interesting. Maybe I should consider them, too. If I had to count how many times I've stabbed myself when cutting things all wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just nominated you for a blog award. Check out my blog.

    ReplyDelete