Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring cleaning the makeup bag

Fact: annalisa+winter = miserable

Fact: annalisa+spring = blissful


To celebrate the onset of Spring- I decided to re-vamp my make up bag with some fresh, new spring treats.


1) Fragrance: Viva la Juicy - My good friend Nicole introduced me to Viva La Juicy last week - WONDERFUL!! and she had the "To-Go" purse friendly rollerball. It's Luscious, feminine with sweet floral overtones with amber/vanilla finish - perfect spring scent. I have been wearing CK Euphoria through the winter (indeed, a lovely scent) but felt it prudent to start spring with a light, feminine scent. Run over to Nordstroms and get a free sample..I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! More info: check out the review from Sephora.










2) Blush : Nars Orgasam - Nars, hands down, has the best blushes out there. Great color selection, excellent wearability, go on smooth and last all day. Now, for those of you who haven't picked up a beauty mag or perused a beauty blog - you may not be aware everyone and their sisters are enamored by Nars Orgasm. As the name suggests, it is ooohhh so good. Peachy/pink in tone, it imparts a wonderful, fresh glow. My winter color tends to be a bit darker to give color (Nars blush in Sin), but spring and summer time beg for a lighter shade. You can find Nars in many places, primarily Sephora .



3. Neutrogena Triple Moisture Hair Mask: Dry winter air makes my curly hair brittle and dull. Neutrogena triple moisture is a great hair care brand from shampoo to conditioner to mask and is very, very affordable. I especially adore the mask and use it once a week. For an added treat, heat it up for 30 seconds in the microwave to encourage penetration and aid in overall relaxation. Leave on your hair for 15-30 minutes, rinse in warm water and style as usual. I credit this product for taming my unruly, frizzy, thick mess of hair into a glossy, soft, manageable mane. For $5 a tub, can you really go wrong? And if you are an Ebates.com fan, you can click your way through to drugstore.com, get an amazing discount AND money back!

Spring cleaning means more than your closet, sister! Enjoy the excuse to indulge and renew!

1 comment: