Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Obsession of the moment - Personal Chefs

For my mom's 50th birthday party - we went ALL OUT! Two weekends full of decadent parties. The first, a luscious family dinner at Piccirilli Ristorante in Shelby Township, MI. Absolute perfection. Umberto is a family friend and always makes hand made pasta, fresh sauces and fresh Italian cuisine. It's one of the very few places my dad will eat out at. When it comes to Italian food, we have discerning taste. No I-Talian, fake mozzarella covered noodles with red topping allowed.


The Second party was a riotous girls night out with my cousins, aunts and my mom's rowdy friends. Now, my first plan was to cook an obscene amount of food, slave for 3 days, clean, shop, prep, cook, serve, get ready then go out. Inherent in this flawed plan was me and my mom running ourselves to the ground rendering us too tired to enjoy the limo ride and dancing that was to follow. Instead, I remembered an article I read in the Detroit Free Press about Personal Chef services. Personal chefs are not for the rich. For a very reasonable fee they can prep and cook your weekly meals, host a cooking class for your friends in your house, or cook for special events ( a great gift for new parents or grieving families). I visited personalchefsearch.com and clicked on "Michigan" - emailed a few potential chefs and chose Chef Jamie Aragones who owns the personal chef service "The World at your Table" .


She was AMAZING!!! She worked with me to create a wonderful Spanish tapas inspired menu including seafood paella.

She was fantastic, professional and VERY REASONABLE. I could not have made what she did at the price we paid. HIGHLY RECOMMEND her services and thought the food, service, presentation and quality was impeccable. Above all she was eager to meet the challenge of my food allergies and made great food that I could eat!!! I loved not having to eat before the party or feel left out. Such a great feeling to participate with everyone together in a meal.

Afterwards we went out dancing at Main Street Billiards (Awesome patio) and Club 22 (SCARY underage men who were dance assaulting us!! WTF!). All in all, my mom had a great time!

1 comment: