Thursday, April 16, 2009

Trader Joes - te AMO

For those of you who are gluten free, allergen aware, organic conscious, or just looking for really good food at an affordable price - ya'll gotta get to Trader Joe's. Here are some of the things we cannot live without in my house:

- TJ's fat free Greek yogurt: So much better than normal FF yogurt. Add stevia, frozen fruit = brilliance!

- TJ's Rice Cakes: I would eat them even if they were not the only thing I could eat. They have a really nice, toasted taste and texture..the only rice cake that dose not taste like cotton flavored ass.

- Whole Grain Tortilla Chips - BE WARNED : THESE ARE LIKE CRACK!! AMAZING.Nutty, full of flavor, just salty enough. Great taste of roasted sesame seeds... SOO much better than tostito's mulitgrain chips. I have to throw out the bag sometimes because I will eat them too quickly, then feel guilty...then guilt eat some more.

- Gluten Free Pancake mix - Throw some blueberries or bananna's in with the mix to add moisture... they can get a little dry... if you can add syrup atop their golden tastiness, that would help too - or just suck it up and throw some stevia up on them and a side of homemade turkey sausage patties and HAWT B-FAST ACTION

- Frozen Mango, Papaya, Pineapple, Blueberries and Black Cherries - my favorite snack is simply mowing on frozen fruit, esp. when watching the "biggest loser" on NBC. I have no idea why i am compelled to stuff my face while watching the show, but somehow always find myself enthralled by the contestants and eating frozen fruit...sometimes with Greek yogurt.

- Belgium 70% Dark Chocolate bar and Belgium 70% Dark Chocolate with Whole Hazelnuts - OK, who doesn't need chocolate!?!? Not to sound like the A-Typical estrogenite, but really. Chocolate is lovely. And this chocolate is perfection. Gluten free awesomeness and tasty goodness.

Husband's fav's

- Black Licorice scottie dogs - so delicious!! and gluten free!
- Mango Berry Bran Muffins - Full of fiber, moist mangoes and berries - low on fat and cals. Lovely!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Trader Joe's. Some of our favorites include their frozen fish, banana bread and corn bread mixes, brushetta and olive spreads, mini pizzas, and when I don't have my grandmother's gnoochi and don't have time to make my own I get some from TJs! Do you have any good smoothie recipes for the frozen fruit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is it about watching the Biggest Loser & wanting to eat? It's like those poor folks are starving & working so hard, it's almost like we are, too!

    Mmm, I love me some TJ's.

    ReplyDelete